The Kids' CAN-BIKE Festival is a playground-based event that introduces children to key bike handling skills they will need to ride safely on the road. The Festival is designed for children between the ages of 8 and 13. It is the first step in the Canadian Cycling Association's CAN-BIKE Program.
I plan to run a Kids CAN-BIKE Festival on June 24 [edited], in Calgary. There will be 3 or 4 sessions, depending on number of volunteers and amount of interest (registrations). Sessions are 90 minutes long with a half-hour break between sessions (first session is at 9:30am).
For each session, I need:
- 4-6 Trained Kids CAN-BIKE Instructors (will be paid if work the whole day) [Certified Instructors or have already or willing to take CAN-BIKE 2 course]
- 4-10 Volunteer Teaching Assistants (no Certification required but CAN-BIKE 2 course strongly recommended)
- 1-2 Registration Co-ordinators
- 1-3 Registration Assistants
- 1 Information Table Volunteer
- 1 Bike Mechanic
- 1 Bike Helmet Loan Pool/ Salesperson
- 1 Site Supervisor
- 1 Designated First Aid Volunteer (must have current First Aid Certification)
- 4 Food Volunteers
- 2-3 Greeters/ Crowd Management
Some of these positions can overlap.
For detailed position descriptions, please contact me.
I also need at least one person willing to help me set this up. I need to find a suitable location, arrange for supplies, advertise/promote the event, etc. Anyone with contacts within the Calgary Police Service or Calgary Fire Department, I need to talk to you!
If you can help, or know someone who would be interested in helping, please contact me at info at safercyclingcalgary.ca